[Samba] Samba and MS Access Question

Marc R. Fienman mrf3000 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:49:02 GMT 2002

We are using a Linux server running Samba..I am not sure which version...My expertise is in Access not Samba or Linux so I apologize for not knowing.  Anyway, we are using an Access database backend on the Linux server running Samba... The front end of the database resides on all the workstations.  When I try to print to our printer from the front end database and the printer either jams or runs out of paper...the database loses the connection to the backend..."Disk or Network Error" it says...Now, I've moved the backend to a workstation and this does not happen.  It only happens when the backend resides on the server under Samba.  I've seen similar posts but no explanation.... Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Marc R. Fienman