[Samba] Samba PDC in NT / 2000 / XP environment

Lee Leahu lee at ricis.com
Thu Mar 21 05:47:04 GMT 2002

I have been able to setup Samba as a file server in a work group environment
for NT, 2000, and XP machines.  I want to use Samba as the domain controller,
but I'm not sure what additional settings I need to use in my smb.conf file.

I am currently creating a user account and setting the password, then i'm
creating the user and his password again in the smbpasswd file.  Is there a
way I can setup samba to use the linux /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files, or
should I keep using both??

Please Help,
Lee Leahu
lee at ricis.com