[Samba] Strange File Permissions problem

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Thu Mar 21 05:47:42 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am having a consistent, strange problem with file permissions when a file
is written to a Samba share. I have the create mask set to 0700 as well as
the directory mask.

When I write a file to the share the permissions actually end up
being  0770 (root is owner since i am an admin):
-rwxrwx---    1 root     mis             0 Mar 21 08:36 test

The same thing happens with an ordinary user. I am using Samba 2.2.3a. It
worked with 2.2.2 and the only thing that I have done to the filesystem is
add ACL support (according to the Docs, it will not screw up the UNIX
permission bits). There is no unusual umask being set for the directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

here is part of my smb.conf file:
# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = RLM
         netbios name = RLM
         server string = RLM Samba Server
         encrypt passwords = Yes
         unix password sync = Yes
         log level = 3
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.all
         printcap name = cups
         addprinter command = /usr/bin/addprinter
         domain admin group = @mis
         logon script = %U.bat
         logon drive = x:
         domain logons = Yes