[Samba] Samba & journaled file systems

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Wed Mar 20 06:10:04 GMT 2002

Hi John,

As you may have seen from some of the earlier posts, alot of us are using
EXT2 and EXT3 with ACL patches from http://acl.bestbits.at. XFS supports NT
ACLs through samba without any patches, but it can be done on other
filesystems that can support POSIX ACLs and on certain other filesystems
with kernel patches.

In the context of that article, I would say that Tom is partially correct
in that if a user installs a kernel binary and does not want to mess with
recompiling and patching a kernel, XFS would be the only option with
Mandrake to support ACL. Out of the context of a Mandrake install, or for
an experienced user the statement is false.

Cheers,
Jason Stewart
Systems Administrator/Programmer
Right to Life of Michigan