[Samba] NT Acls

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Tue Mar 19 06:32:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have NT ACLs enabled for the shares on my Samba server. I am able to log
in as administrator on a W2k box and change ACLs for files and folders. I
can do all of the usual stuff like add users and groups to the ACL, change
permissions, blah, blah, blah....

What does not seem to work is changing the ACL for the subfolders and/or
files as well as the current folder from the W2k client. Everything works
just fine from the Server side. Has anyone else combated this problem? If
so, how did you fix it, or do we just live without the ability to modify
ACLs recursively?

My setup is this:
Samba 2.2.3a
Linux 2.2.18 with ACL patches
FS: EXT2 with ACL patches
ACL: ea-0.8.21, attr-2.0.5, acl-2.0.4, libacl, libattr from acl.betstbits.at

Jason Stewart
Systems Administrator/Programmer
Right to Life of Michigan
Tel: (616)532-2300