[Samba] Problem with smb.conf.%m

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Mar 19 06:17:02 GMT 2002

Hello JuanJo,
The macros like %m, etc are expanded from fields taken from the incomming
smb requests from the client - since testparm is NOT acting as a client, or
doing any smb activity to the server, these fields have nothing to expand
to, and thus will appear not to exist.  This does not indicate any problem.
To verify that your macros are working, you would need to up your log level
in smb.conf and then actually attach to the server with a client, or using
smbclient on the server to see that your macros are expanding properly.
Hope this helps,
Don