[Samba] Limiting users to log in from one workstation at a time

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Tue Mar 19 03:48:07 GMT 2002

Danie Roux wrote:

> Hope would I limit users to login from one workstation at a time only? I
> have a problem where one student would log into 4 PC's and abuse the
> network. I'm running Samba 2.2.3a as a PDC for windows NT.

Why don't you just disable that fools account, then when he comes to ask
about his account, drag him to the dean and have him flogged.

<BOFH>
you could also set him a special logon script which a) erases his $HOME
and b) sends naughty winpopup messages around the net under his account
(evil email to the dean would be as effective)
</BOFH>

Yes, I know, that is NO solution for the fact that a single user can log
on more that once, but you said 'abuse the network' so killing off that
l0ser has priority...

bye,
	MH