[Samba] "max disk size = 2047" by share

Ron Creamer ron at pageworks.com
Sun Mar 17 11:42:04 GMT 2002

Erik Ranà wrote:

> It is a limitation in ghost, maybe because they uses dos? im not quite
> shure.
> Anyway have seen it on 80+Gb drives that are on w2k pro with windows
> networking .

Thanks Erik,

I went through the documentation, and there is no switch to make a DOS
client FAT32 capable using ghost. Some good news however for others if
they've had the same problem.

I created a DR DOS 7.03 boot disk. Loaded their drfat32.sys driver, and
although my network mounted ghost drive still sees "0 bytes available",
ghost does execute and successfully write the images to the network
drive.

Diskette is running an absolute minimum DR DOS 7.03, with Microsoft
Networking client for DOS.. it leaves about 6k free on floppy. We
execute the ghost.exe on the mounted server drive.

Thanks.