[Samba] samba 2.2.3a: Windows-to-Linux-to-Windows Printing problem

Stefan Schilling mail.suse at gmx.de
Sat Mar 16 06:37:13 GMT 2002

Hello,

On my local network there are 2 Win-Clients and Linuxbox. One of
the Win-clients has a printer (Canon BJC620) connected to it. It
exports it to the LAN. Now I´ve tried to set this up on the
Sambabox, and I could print from the Linuxbox using the smbprint
script. Now I tried to print from the 2nd Win-client via Samba to
the 1st Win-client. There printer started but stopped after 2
lines. After this I´ve got no control to the printer, no new jobs
have been accepted; the job from the other Win-client was gone.
What I want to archieve is like the following:
- the 2nd Win-client sends its printingjob via LAN to the
Sambabox. There it should be spooled until the 1st Win-client
wakes up.
- then the Linuxbox should send the job into the Win spooling
system for the shared printer. (I want to make sure that no other
printing job is being disturbed.)

Can somebody help me? If you need further information, just
asked...

Bye!
Stefan Schilling

--