[Samba] Samba client issues

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Mar 16 01:07:07 GMT 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Navin Boppuri wrote:

> root at sp_06:~# smbmount "//Engineer/My Drivers" /mnt/samba -o username=MyUsername,password=MyPassword,workgroup=MyWorkGroup
> 148: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
> SMB connection failed
>
> Access denied errros. Something happens that messes up the way I am
> sending the username and password (my guess). What do you think is going
> on here.

I suppose it might be using some default codepages to translate your
username and password. I don't really know much about what libsmb does
with the strings we send it ...

You could try setting up a charset/codepage pair in your smb.conf, like
this:

    character set = ISO8859-1
    client code page = 850

Using whatever values are appropriate for you (man smb.conf).
But that should not matter if you are only using english characters.

> Without all those codepages, things seems to work fine.

Another option would be to search the samba source for the error messages
and remove them ...

/Urban