[Samba] Samba client issues

Thomas Kumm tkumm at web.de
Fri Mar 15 13:20:04 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Navin Boppuri <navin.boppuri at newisys.com>
To: Urban Widmark <urban at teststation.com>
Cc: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 1:13 AM
Subject: RE: [Samba] Samba client issues

>smbmount reads some default values from it. Try creating an empty file.

This seems to work.

> do I get those codepage files in? What is the message on nls???

Your installation is missing the samba codepages. They are normally
installed by a 'make install' but maybe you did something else.

I created the code pages using the make_codepages and make_unicodemap
binaries and the definition files in codepages directory in samba source.
I've managed to get rid of all the error messages and now, I get this error:

root at sp_06:~# smbmount "file://Engineer/My Drivers" /mnt/samba -o
username=MyUsername,password=MyPassword,workgroup=MyWorkGroup
148: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Access denied errros. Something happens that messes up the way I am sending
the username and password (my guess). What do you think is going on here.

win2k certanly needs an encrypted password. So try the following in the
smb.conf:

    [ global]
        encrypted passwords = yes

I never tryed to mount a share from an window maschine, so its just a guess.

the other way is to switsch off the encrypted password on the win2k
maschine.
there are patches for the windows registry in the docs thet are shiped with
Samba.

good luck

tom

Without all those codepages, things seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Navin.