[Samba] Samba client issues

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Mar 14 16:49:04 GMT 2002

smbmount is a program that allows a linux box to mount smb shares. In
the past, it was considered entirely separate from the samba
organization. They finally took it over or something, so now it comes with
the samba distribution. In theory, it doesn't really need smb.conf, I
think, although, there may be some configuration information it looks at.
smb.conf is for your smbd, which allows others to mount your shares.
So, I think you can ignore the smb.conf errors, providing all seems to
be going well with smbmount.

I don't know anything about code pages.

This sounds as though you are running smbmount without having installed
the rest of the samba package, perhaps. That might work. Don't know.

Joel