[Samba] smbd and nmbd

Routledge, Carl Carl.Routledge at ucb-group.com
Thu Mar 14 03:24:02 GMT 2002

I had a problem were smbd wouldn't start, it always give me an error message
in the log file.

standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option
bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

So I stopped the TCP Daemons and tried to start it and it worked.

So I took both entry's out of the inetd.conf file (nmbd and smbd) and
restarted the server.  Obviously they didn't start automatically.

But when I went to started them manually, they both worked fine.

So my question is, is there any other way of automatically starting them at
start-up.

Cheers

Carl