[Samba] SYSVOL share on Windows 2000 Server

I.R. COLOURS PROD S.R.L. ircolors at fx.ro
Wed Mar 13 06:35:10 GMT 2002

Hello!

Would you please tell me what the SYSVOL share on Windows 2000 Server is all
about?

Reading Samba docs, I learned that the NETLOGON share is needed for storing
profiles. Is this replaced by the SYSVOL share in Windows 2000?

I am running Windows 2000 Server with Active Directory enabled, on a mixed
network containing Red Hat Linux 7.2 (Samba 2.2.1a-4), Windows 2000 Server
SP2, Windows XP and Windows 2000 Professional. Is there any special
configuring necessary for authenticating users & storing their profiles? I'm
desperately trying to get rid of the Windows 2000 Domain controller without
loosing functionality ...

Thanks,
Razvan
---
Dipl. Eng. Razvan SANDU <rsandu at go.ro>
Network Administrator at I.R. COLOURS PROD S.R.L. - Otopeni, Romania
Tel.: +40 (94) 629867   ICQ#: 46380005    WWW: http://www.rsandu.go.ro/