[Samba] failsafe against "stupid" / careless users

Michael Joyner mjoyner at ewc.edu
Wed Mar 13 05:59:02 GMT 2002

There exists a "Recycle Bin" patch for samba.

I use it here at Edward Waters College.

If you configure it just right, you can have it stuff the files into
a hidden folder that only the admin can access.

Buyer beware:  Office re-creates word, etc files everytime they are
opened so you end up with LOTS of *.doc's in the Recycle Bin, (you can
think of them as a revision history....)