[Samba] Using Backup from Windows -> Samba : >4GB file limit?

Dan A.Dickey ddickey at charter.net
Tue Mar 12 16:43:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
I was backup up my laptop the other day, and the Windows backup utility said
it was going to do about 17GB of data - and I was dumping this to a Samba
share from my Linux machine.  However, it looks like the data wrapped around
when it got past 4GB.  Not really sure what happened though.  When I saw
that the .bkf file was smaller (the next morning) that what a previous 'ls -l'
showed (the night before) I cancelled the backup.
Is this something that I should expect to be able to do?  Backup my Windows
laptop to a Samba share?  I'd sure like to.  Thanks.
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey
ddickey at charter.net