[Samba] file permissions

Anton Krall akrall at team.inter.net
Tue Mar 12 09:51:05 GMT 2002

Guys... hope somebody can give me some tips.

I just installed samba and created some shares... the problem I have is
with file permissions.

For example.. I added a share that has:

[Facturas]
   comment = Facturas
   browseable = yes
   available = yes
   public = no
   read only = no
   printable = no
   path = /var2/Facturas
   create mask = 0777
   read list = pespinosa, vmontiel, pcardel, jcabanas, gestevez,
gzamudio, eperez, creveles, azaldivar, aarchundia
   write list = mgarcia, ilopez, aserrano

so according to this.. its not public so nobody should be able to get in
except for those read list and write lists users right?

well in the OS.. what are the permissions that the directory
/var2/facturas needs to have in order for this to work?

If it has 777 anybody can get in.. not only those users... but if I
change it to 700... those users and nobody can get in...

Hope you can help...

Saludos

Anton Krall
Director de Tecnología