[Samba] What are these programs?

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Tue Mar 12 05:17:02 GMT 2002

I've seen many different samba related pieces of software named through this
newsgroup and I'm afraid I don't understand the different between them all.
Could someone clarify these for me?

Samba - I pretty much understand this... but if You want to explain it in
terms of the other pieces of software, go ahead

HEAD

SAMBA TNG

Slackware

Winbind - I also think I understand this.

If there are any more pieces of related software I'm not mentioning, please
include them for future reference.

Thanks,
-Dan

Daniel J. Thomas
Systems Administrator
Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, MD

Balt:    (443) 778-7924
Wash:  (240) 228-7924

"Always avoid a bad file copy...
You can never know when your replication proceeds you."
                               -Anonymous Author