[Samba] Password sync problem

Nordqvist, Per Per.Nordqvist at toyota-f1.com
Tue Mar 12 02:41:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have installed Samba 2.2.3a on a AIX 4.3.3 server which also act as a NIS
master.
Samba is configured as a PDC and I would like to sync the password between
Samba and NIS.
Ofcource this doesn't work as expected and I need help.
Have anyone ever tested the 'unix password sync' together with AIX 4.3.3?
When I try to change the password with smbpasswd I get an error message:
machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the password change: Error was: RAP86: The
specified password is invalid.
For sure, the password I type in is correct, but when I look in the log for
smb it seems like /usr/bin/passwd is not executed at all.
The chat responce from /usr/bin/passwd is totally empty.

My smb.conf looks like this:
[global]
	workgroup = CAT.DOM
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n
	passwd chat debug = Yes
	unix password sync = Yes

Please help
Per

* Please notice our new e-mail domain name toyota-f1.com

DISCLAIMER

* This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.
   If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to
  copy or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written
  consent of Toyota Motorsport GmbH.

* Please scan this email and any attachment for viruses.  Toyota
  Motorsport GmbH does not accept any responsibility for problems
  caused by viruses whether it is the fault of Toyota Motorsport GmbH
  or not.