[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a & solaris 8 & ACL's

William Kearns MHLP-CSC kearns at hal.fmhi.usf.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:44:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm running your fine product on a new Sun server (a 420R) using
Solaris 8.  One of my NT users desperately wants to add multiple group
access permissions to numerous files within my filesystem but I'm having
some trouble making Samba work with his NT 4.0 workstation or with
Win2K professional.

I noted in this release that HP's code had been integrated into samba,
but I wanted to know if this new release would address the ACL issue
in Solaris.

Thanks, as always, for keeping up a great product!

Bill Kearns

System Administrator
U. of South Florida
FMHI Computer Support