[Samba] (no subject)

Gustavo Rincon grincon at ciprico.com
Thu Mar 7 10:41:52 GMT 2002

Hi guys, I have seen some weird behavior of samba (Maybe is normal).

 I have a samba server (2.2.3a) running under Linux-2.4.14 with ACL support
+ LVM + XFS.  The server name is BELLM.

I have a windows 2k PDC and its domain name is test.com and computer name
NMHYDRA.

Using the properties option of a file or directory and going in to security
tab, I'm able to seen the ACL entries.  The weird behavior that I'm getting
is if I try to add and a user or group in to the ACL using Add button
(windows 2K) or Permissions (window NT).  After selected the Add button or
Permissions button the system shows another window named "Select Users,
Computers, or Groups" (WIN2K) or "Directory Permissions" (WIN NT), I'm able
to select users, computers or group from Two different list one is test.com
and the other \\BELLM*.  If I use any computer, user or group from the
test.com list the operation failed but if a use any user or group from the
\\BELLM* list the operation finished OKAY.

Is this normal under samba?  Why if This is normal using only the window
environment without samba the operation finished OKAY?

Thank you
Gustavo