[Samba] Logon Scripts

m.o.tigchelaar at kpn.com m.o.tigchelaar at kpn.com
Thu Mar 7 05:42:08 GMT 2002

Hi,

You can make sure that the logon scripts are run by making your Win2k boxes
log on to the domain (it works for me). If you really do not want your Win2k
boxes to log on to the domain you can also trigger the execution of the
logon script from the Win2k box side.

To do that, do the following:

- Start mmc (Microsoft Management Console)
- check to see if you have the Group Policy snap-in installed
- If Group Policy snap-in is NOT installed:
- - Click File menu -> select "add/remove snap-in"
- - Click "add" button
- - In the list of "available standalone snap-ins" select the "Group Policy"
- - Click "Add"
- - Since you want to apply the (to be) options to the local machine leave
the "group policy object set to "Local Computer"
- - Click "Finish"
- - Click "Close" (unless you want to add more snap-ins)
- - Click "OK"
- Now open "Local Computer Policy"
- Open "User Configuration"
- Open "Windows Settings"
- select "Scripts (logon/logoff)"
- In the right pane double-click on "logon"
- Now specify the script to be run for EVERY (!!!) user after logon to THIS
(!) windows machine...

You can select every script (local and remote) -> so you can also select
your normal logon script on the \\your-pdc\netlogon share....

Don't forget to apply your new settings :-)

I think this solves your problem...;-)

Sincerely,

Martijn Tigchelaar.