[Samba] samba 2.2.3 PDC and win2k

Manuel Bouyer bouyer at antioche.eu.org
Wed Mar 6 12:46:04 GMT 2002

Hi,
please keep me in Cc:, I'm not subscribed to the list.
I have a windows domain, served by a samba server and including about 50 NT
workstations. I'm runing 2.2.3 since a month, without problems.
Now I'm trying to add a Win2k server ("windows 2000 familly server", it
says) to this domain. I read various docs I found in samba distrib and on
the web, but I'm stuck with a problem:
when I try to join the domain, the machine$ gets properly added to the
passwd database (so my add user script is working), the machine$ is also
added to the smbpasswd file but with empty passwd:
horn$:32766:NO PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:NO PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[N
W         ]:LCT-3C865EC6:
After a long time the win2k says "welcome to the foo domain" but after reboot
when I try to log in as user it says "domain foo is not available".
I didn't find anything usefull in the samba logs.
Tried with win2k stock from CD, win2kSP1 and win2ksp2.

Does someone have an idea ? I spent the whole day on this without a
solution.
Thanks.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer at antioche.eu.org>