[Samba] Connection problems (Samba & W2K)

Kestutis Saldziunas k.saldziunas at medbank.lt
Tue Mar 5 06:58:04 GMT 2002

Thank you, Homann, for the answer.
At the moment I am downloading kernel update to 2.4.16.

> several small points:
> 1. actual SuSE kernel is 2.4.16, grab it from any suse mirror (find a
> list on www.suse.de/com)
> 2. on the very same mirror you'll find a 'people' subtree. in there,
> directory lmuelle. in there, rpm packages of current samba for almost
> any suse distribution.

> I suggest that you grab these first.
>
> btw, can your win2K logon to the domain? if so HTH did you do that ?

My W2K previously  was member of the domain. But now I can not join domain
due the same problem. When I try join domain, application endlessly hangs
In Samba log I found the same errors:

[2002/03/05 16:52:54, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_data(436)
 read_data: read failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

So I will inform how are results after update.

Se ya,

Kestas

> ps. yes I DO know that this is not a.s.r.
sorrt for my english, but what is "a.s.r" :) ?