[Samba] WinXP. Ugh.

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Tue Mar 5 02:15:07 GMT 2002

James Nord wrote:

> Upgrade to 2.2.2 or 2.2.3a
>
> Many XP related things have been fixed in these two releases.

then Why Oh Why can't find win2k/Winxp my samba 2.2.3a based PDC
(configured as in the pdc howto, even JOINING the domain works!!)?
answer: because samba doesnt answer to the strange FINDCONTROLLER
request my win2k/winxp sends to some strange multicast address on port
80.
that friggin win2k/xp doesnt even TRY to go to wins for finding
anything, BUT it registers ITSELF!! as a domain master browser and
stuff.

any hints?

bye,
	MH