[Samba] PDC, NIS and password sync.

Lasse Taul Bjerre lasse at bjerre.cx
Mon Mar 4 12:07:02 GMT 2002

Hi.

I have for a while been trying to get my samba 2.2.1a PDC to be a NIS master
and still maintain the password sync feature, without any luck.
Now I made something that seems to work - but I would like to get your input
to see if what I do is ok or it is something I should'nt do.

1: Samba uses passwd to sync the password (not yppasswd)

2: cron runs make in /var/yp every 15 minutes to update the NIS maps.

It appears to work, but could this give problems for me in the long run?

Any input is much apriciated.

/Lasse