[Samba] need path information for installation

Brad gross GROSS at matthewsinternational.com
Mon Mar 4 06:44:02 GMT 2002

Hi folks,

Yet one more newbie into the fray.  I'm trying to upgrade a Red Hat 7.2 test box from whatever version came with it to 2.2.3a...

Here are the steps I have done so far:
1. backed for the conf, smbusers, and smb file
2. stop the smb service
3. ran the command: rpm -e samba
4. tarred the source files to /usr/local/src/samba-2.2.3/source
5. now I'm trying to run the ./configure and I get an invalid Path.  I did an echo $PATH and was returned this:
/usr/loacl/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/gross/bin

So here is my question, where and what do I enter to make this work. Any and all help is appreciated...

Thanks,
Brad