[Samba] SAMBA share problems

Stephen Gorsch stephen at gorsch.com
Sun Mar 3 13:15:02 GMT 2002

I have a SAMBA 2.2.1 server running on Redhat 7.2 2.4.9-31 setup as a PDC.
I have Win95, Win98, and Win2000 logging on to the Domain just fine.
Each have a mapped drive to their 'Home'(U:)  and a 'Public'(P:).
The mapped drives are connected just fine at logon.
You can go to My Computer U: or P: drive and open the shared folders.
Example : Double click on a Word Document and you get Access Denied.
The second time, it will open with no problem.
If you open Word then File > Open and go to U: drive and try to open it,
you get access denied no matter how many times you try it.
If you go back to my computer, U: drive and open it, then go back to Word
File > Open, U: it will open.

What could be causing these inconsistencies?
I double checked permissions and it will even do it to users set up as Admin
on the share.

Thanks inadvance for any help,
Stephen
stephen at gorsch.com