[Samba] Help - samba keeps dialing out

Tim Preece tim at cpio.nildram.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 04:48:11 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have just set up samba on my FreeBSD 4.5 stable box, and have it
integrating quite nicely with windows 2000 server ( not set up as a PDC
), however the FreeBSD server keeps dialing out approx every 10 minutes
or so.

The FreeBSD Server is also acting as a DNS Server ( IPv4 ) and the dial
up is handled through the tunneling device. This has been working fine
until I have installed samba and jdk1.3 plus some java tools.

I really cant think that the jdk or the java tools would be calling out,
as these are not even running, so I presume that it must be samba.

Any help much appreciated.

My smb.conf is as follows ( names adjusted )

// ---------------- BEGIN -------------------

[global]
    workgroup = workgroup
    server string = File Server