[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a, print queue status "opening,"highserver load

Steven J Mackenzie sjm at activenavigation.com
Sat Mar 2 01:40:15 GMT 2002

From: "Jay D. Anderson" <jay.anderson at dw.deere.com>
> Jerry FYI: after sending you my config and the log file, I tried one more
suggestion
> from Dave, to use the printer drivers supplied with W2KSP2 instead of the
drivers
> downloaded from HP's website.  This did the trick, printing works
perfectly with the
> simple driver supplied with the OS for the HP LaserJet 2100.

This is not an option if you have NT4 clients :(

> I wonder why the drivers from HP break Samba so badly?

My theory is that HP supplied only NT4 drivers, which Windows 2000 will use
happily if no 2000 drivers are available on the server, but there's been
some nasty introduced into the particular RPCs that the NT4 drivers use?

(I had problems both with HP and Epson printing with 2.2.3a and NT4)

I'll try and get a log sent in from my NT clients over the weekend,
Steven