[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a, print queue status "opening,"highserver load

Jay D. Anderson jay.anderson at dw.deere.com
Fri Mar 1 15:10:09 GMT 2002

Jerry FYI: after sending you my config and the log file, I tried one more suggestion
from Dave, to use the printer drivers supplied with W2KSP2 instead of the drivers
downloaded from HP's website.  This did the trick, printing works perfectly with the
simple driver supplied with the OS for the HP LaserJet 2100.

I wonder why the drivers from HP break Samba so badly?

Gerald Carter wrote:

> I would.  Please send me a level 10 debug log of list as well as all the
> details of your configuration. :-)  I know you probably already have, but
> my mail folders are such as mess it would nice to have it all in one
> message :-)  Thanks.

Jay D. Anderson                         John Deere Davenport Works
Jay at Deere.com                           P.O. Box 4198
Phone: 563.388.4268 Fax: 563.388.4159   Davenport, Iowa 52808
http://www.dw.deere.com/~hz01930  http://jayanderson.cjb.net