[Samba] printer permissions

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Thu Jun 27 11:19:05 GMT 2002

Put all the common printer settings in [Global}

remove the [Printers] section

create a section for each printer with the
printer-specific settings included.

e.g.

[HP4Plus]
        comment = HP4Plus by Graphics PC
        path = /var/spool/samba/hp4plus
        writeable = no
        printable = yes
        printer name = hp4plus
        use client driver = yes

[HP570]
        comment = OfficeJet 570 by HP450C Plotter
        path = /var/spool/samba/hp570
        writeable = no
        printable = yes
        printer name = hp570
        use client driver = no

Jim

http://www.hp.com

--

Yuri Pismerov, Sr. System Administrator,
TUCOWS.COM INC.	(416) 535-0123  ext. 1352