[Samba] causing LMB elections

Inaki Sanchez isanchez at unav.es
Fri Jun 28 09:34:02 GMT 2002

Hi Charles,

I had the same problem for some time, a WinXP announcing itself as the
local master browser. The problem was caused by the XP firewalling
software, that was filtering incoming datagrams to UDP port 138 and
rejecting the datagrams from our samba local master browser. Check if it
can be your case.

Regards,

--Inaki.