[Samba] SAMBA-LDAP and variable substition

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jun 25 06:59:03 GMT 2002

	Hello,

Im using Samba and LDAP together and if I use the scriptPath attribute for
a user defined in LDAP, it seems that variable substitions no longer work
like they did when you're using the global logon script parameter in smb.conf.

example:

scriptPath = scripts\%m.bat ==> %m.bat is NOT substituted to machinename.bat

Because the "logon scripts" directive of smb.conf will no longer be used
when using Samba and LDAP together, I'm wondering how I can take advantage
of variable substition?

Or am I missing something?

If you have any information, let me know.

Werner Maes
KULeuven