[Samba] (no subject)

Satish Kumar ksatish at in.ibm.com
Mon Jun 24 23:02:36 GMT 2002

Hello - ,

This is my first posting on this site. I would like to know if it's
possible for samba server to use the AFS authentication mechanism based on
MIT Kerberos . AFS is a DISTRIBUTED FILE SYSTEM having it's own ACL
mechanisms . I am not able to pass the user authentication from the samba
server to the Underlying AFS filesystems. AFS uses it's own pam module
pam_afs.so . Do i need to modify Samba server code to actually get it to
authenticate with AFS. Please advise on this. Any help is very much
appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Satish Kumar K.V
Email : ksatish at in.ibm.com