[Samba] Large Files Support

Perry Taylor perryft at canyondatasolutions.com
Mon Jun 24 12:27:02 GMT 2002

(I'm resending this message as I have yet to receive a reply)
I'm having problems with large files access from a Linux system to a Windows
2000 share.  The Linux system is Redhat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10zm, smbd is
2.2.1a.

I have verified that this release of Linux does support files larger than
2GB.  I have created a file 2,752,512,000 bytes in size and can copy, mv,
etc., it locally with no problem.  If I try to copy it to the windows share
it errors out.

Now, if I create the same 2,752,512,000 byte file on the Windows system and
ls the share from the Linux system I can see the file but it's size is
reported as being 18,446,744,072,167,096,320 bytes!

How can I get Samba to be able to deal with files larger than 2GB in size?

Thanks.

Perry Taylor