[Samba] Buffer in Windows holding samba info

David Busby busby at pnts.com
Fri Jun 21 13:28:03 GMT 2002

Kevin,
	Seems like the issue is not Samba but Windows clients not updating
properly.  If you are reading remotly over a slow link I think that
windows will cache some information to spped up the process of remote
directory listing and such.  Windows also has the "Make Available
offline" feature that might be causing the issue.  Can you connect to
the Samba box on the local subnet?  If so can you duplicate the issue on
the local subnet?  Maybe just having the windows clients refresh the
view will give a new PIDL set to windows.  The caching information that
windows keeps is stored in memory space for the explorer.exe process so
maybe you could kill and restart explorer to have it re-query the Samba
server.

Just thoughts
/B