[Samba] Buffer in Windows holding samba info

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jun 21 14:02:11 GMT 2002

I don't have this problem but I don't use windows that much.
This likely is a caching thing, with windows caching data locally.
Do you have oplocks on? Try turning them off. Also, try these parameters:
	strict sync = Yes
	sync always = yes

This may slow things down, but, who need data corruption?

Now, if you are writing to the share with linux/unix and bypassing samba
while so doing, I am not sure what will happen when windows asks for data.
You might try running sync after each write, but now I am just speculating.

Joel