[Samba] Time Server? - Answers/Summary

Goetz Rieger goetz.rieger at suse.de
Thu Jun 20 02:09:03 GMT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:38:11 -0700
David Busby <Busby at pnts.com> wrote:

Ah, just read this thread. From my time as a NT admin I remember pretty
well the problem of users not allowed to set the time...

I used to use the time32.exe util from the MS Reskit. It can run as a
service and hence start under the system account.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q246145

W2k: you can give it a ntp server to sync with through net time (help)...

So here is no need to use logon.bat´s which run in user context.

Bye,
Goetz