[Samba] Question re: smbmount, extended paths -- \\server\share\path

Gregory Longfellow skexis at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:37:03 GMT 2002

So i'm attempting to use winbind, samba, and automount to allow me to use my
NT home directories as my unix-side homedirs.  Winbind works just fine,
automount works just fine with the smbpwman package.

now the problem... smbmount won't mount a \\server\share\path share.  I've
found the patch for 2.2 and it (somewhat) works, but I really dig 3.0 and
want to stay with it.  Is there a third-party patch for this, or will it be
included soon?

Thanks!
-reijo