[Samba] FW: Samba and Helios Ethershare resource fork information

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 14 08:04:01 GMT 2002

David Bradshaw wrote:

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am looking for some help with regards to how samba doesn't co-exist well
> > with Helios Ethershare. The main issue we are dealing with at this time is
> > that Samba does not handle the .rsrc directory. IE: If you rename or
> > delete a file using samba the resource information stored in the .rsrc
> > directory is not updated.
> >
> > Is there a version of Samba available that resolves this issue?

A VFS module is the right way to deal with this.  One was posted to
samba-technial for Netatalk compatibility recently.  You probably don't
need somthing quite as full-featured (this one actually created new
resource forks for files) but doing moves/renames/deletes should not be
hard.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org