[Samba] Anyone using antivirus software?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Jun 13 13:08:56 GMT 2002

Actually, on my linux mail server, RAV is real time - it scans every
message coming in or going out at the time it's received/sent.  I
wouldn't say it's cheap, though!  The workstation version is ($29 US),
but the server version isn't.

-- Bob --

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Noel Kelly wrote:

> Trend ServerProtect does this - realtime scanning.  You buy the product once
> and can then install on all your servers - Windows/Linux/Netware.  Only
> caveat is that you need a recent kernel which is why we have not actually
> put it onto our Samba servers and are using RAV (which is not real-time but
> incredibly cheap) for the time being.
>
> You can download a 30 day trial I believe:
>
> http://www.antivirus.com/products/splinux/

http://www.malibyte.net

"The weather is here - wish you were beautiful." - J. Buffett