[Samba] Samba versus Dreamweaver

Keller Nicolas nicolas.keller at slb.de
Thu Jun 13 10:26:37 GMT 2002

Hi!

I hope someone can help me with this one:

We're using Macromedia Dreamweaver 3 to publish local files from a NT4
Server to our internet server running Redhat 7.3 / Samba 2.2.3a. Life could
be so sweet but we're facing a strange problem: Users can't _overwrite_
files edited by other users. Everytime someone tries to overwrite such a
file the message "An error occurred - cannot put file.xxx. Access is
denied." pops up. But they can delete them and this only happens inside
Dreamweaver 3, overwriting a file with the normal Windows Explorer isn't a
problem. I guess my Samba configuration below is right and Dreamweaver does
some strange things.

Has anybody here dealed with the same problem? (Solutions?)

As I can't change Dreamweaver I hope there's an option in Samba that may
help.

Thank you very much for any answers.

Bye,

Nicolas Keller