[Samba] Regedit

john smith winbatch2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 10:22:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
I'm testing the regedit tool, but while I can shutdown
the remote machine (thus proving I am connecting ok) I
cant do any regquery (or delete/create) commands.

eg if I do...

regedit -S 10.0.0.244 -U test1 -W W2K-DOMAIN -c
regqueryval '\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\test'

I get the reply....

Server: \\10.0.0.244:   User:   test1    Domain:
W2K-DOMAIN
Connection:     session setup ok
Domain=[W2K-DOMAIN] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows
2000 LAN Manager]
OK
regvalinfo value_name
Exit Status: NT code 00000016

but this doesn't actually tell me the value.  How do I
get it?

I realise I am using TNG commands while not running
TNG on the main server, but would that matter? TNG is
on my local machine btw.

thanks,