[Samba] Unable to Access W2K share as read/write using SMBMOUNT

Andy Tomlin atomlin at sandisk.com
Thu Jun 13 10:19:56 GMT 2002

All,
  I have a Linux box with which I am trying to access a share on my W2K
workstation. I mount the share successfully and can read files but I am
unable to write.

Info out of smb.conf
   security = domain
   encrypt passwords = yes
   wins server = x.x.x.x #correct numbers in file
   dns proxy = yes

command to mount the share

smbmount //w2kname/share /mountpoint -o username=user/domain,rw

The domain user name has all the necessary permissions to write to the share
- I used another W2K machine to confirm that. Can someone help.
I am using Samba 2.0.6-9 on Redhat 6.2

Andy Tomlin