[Samba] 401 Bad Authorization

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Tue Jun 11 04:45:02 GMT 2002

At 01:27 PM 6/11/02 +0200, Peter Zapletal wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have problem witch SWAT authorization for all users with the following
>error "username or password incorrect". With -a options SWAT works well.
>I've compiled samba-2.2.4 from sources on my RedHat Linux 6.1 with kernel
>2.2.21. I've compiled it with the following options:

As far as I remember, SWAT uses the passwd database, rather than the
smbpasswd database, although don't quote me on that, so you could try just
using your unix password instead of the smb password, which on some
machines are not the same.

Martyn Ranyard

I am not a member of the samba team,
and anything that I say may not be as