[Samba] create new files/folders

Alex_OClarit at playstation.sony.com Alex_OClarit at playstation.sony.com
Sat Jun 8 03:20:03 GMT 2002

Folks

when I create a new file/folder from my XPclient on my samba share, more
than half the time it automatically gives
it the name "New Folder" without giving me the chance to name it. I have to
right click on it afterwards and then pick
RENAME. 30% of the time (randonly) it works so when I create a new
file/folder it names it "New Folder" but I'm
given the chance to name it anything I want in the blinking field at the
time of creation.
Annoying! Otherwise everything works great.

RH 7.3
samba 2.2.4 from source
Kernel 2.4.18 custom

anyone..?

thanks

Alex

Alex O'Clarit/IT/SCEA
System-Technician
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
919 East Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City CA, 94404
www.scea.com