[Samba] Mappoing from Samba client to \\server\share\dir ?

Ingmar Koecher ingmar.koecher at netikus.net
Fri Jun 7 06:33:04 GMT 2002

Well,

connecting (mapping, mounting) to something like \\server\share\dir was
introduced with Windows 2000 and not possible with previous version of
Windows.

The error message from smbmount I would say is correct, there is no "dir"
share on \\server. You would probably get the same error message on a WinNT
box.

I assume that this feature has simply not been included in smbfs - maybe it
would be a good idea to add this sometime?

Ingmar.