[Samba] Problem with pam_winbind

John McCawley jmccawley at worleyco.com
Tue Jun 4 08:50:03 GMT 2002

OK, I managed to solve my problem.

One of the 1000 documents I read had an smb.conf line that said:
domain logons = yes

After trying out their suggestion I forgot to remove it, and so my
smb.conf was a little wacky.
I tracked this down after checking my logs in /var/log/samba and seeing
that Win95 machines were logging into my linux server.  Then I noticed a
line in smb.conf:

Mismatched SIDs as a pdc/bdc.

So I stopped samba, commented out the domain logon line, removed
/etc/samba/secrets.tdb, reran smbpasswd, and started back up.
Voila!  Everything works.

John