[Samba] Problem with pam_winbind

Ingmar Koecher ingmar.koecher at netikus.net
Tue Jun 4 08:21:06 GMT 2002

I have a similar problem as stated in a previous message "Winbind + machine
account + non-anonymous access (RestrictAnonymous)"

Even though the samba box is correctly in the NT4 domain (or so it seems),
I get

Secret is bad
0xc00000e5

after running wbinfo -t

In my last email I forgot to mention that I am running Samba version 2.2.4 -
downloaded 2 weeks ago (appr.).

I am also VERY curious to know if it is possible to use winbindd when the
domain controller does not allow anonymous connections?

Thanks a lot,
Ingmar.